How much should I budget for my wedding flowers? A realistic amount for wedding flowers would be 10-15% of your overall wedding budget. If we take the average cost of weddings in New Zealand, $30,000, and multiply it by 10%, the amount for wedding flowers would be $3,000. Depending on the types of flowers, the number of flowers, and the season, $3,000 should provide you with bouquets, buttonholes, corsages, ceremony and reception flowers, flower girl petals, cake flowers, and more.
Here at Blooming Local, we love to embrace nature’s simple glory and design our flowers as if they were still growing in the field. Fresh, distinctive, unique, textural, unexpected, and Lush. We believe that locally-grown flowers are amazing and breathtakingly beautiful. Especially those we grow ourselves. We love the seasons and how they bring a new palette of colors and blooms with them. Because of this, what we do is never boring or stale. The flowers we grow are grown using organic and sustainable practices. In addition to growing all the flowers ourselves and sticking to our commitment to local, we avoid the use of toxic floral foam, compost all floral materials on our own property, and reuse vases and containers whenever possible. The wedding industry as a whole has a lot of flaws when it comes to sustainability but we’re aiming to fix that, one event at a time.
The following is meant to be a rough guide to help you plan which items could be covered within a your price range.
- Most often, this will allow for bridal bouquet, a few bridesmaid bouquets as well as buttonholes for the groom and groomsmen. Depending on the number in the bridal bouquet, it could account for buttonholes and corsages for a few additional family members
- If you are having a very intimate wedding and no bridal party, it could account for your bouquet, a buttonhole as well as a small feature installation at the ceremony or reception
$500 – $1000
- Depending on the size of the bridal party, this will cover off all personal flowers (bouquets, buttonholes) as well as allowing for some table decorations at the reception. We would suggest smaller arrangements on each table or a collection of bud vases and feature blooms to fit within the budget
- Or, instead of table flowers, this could allow for a large feature at the ceremony (perhaps an archway with florals) or the reception (perhaps a hanging foliage installation with a few pops of flowers throughout)
- Alternatively, if you’re bridal party only includes two additional people, this budget could allow for a ceremony feature element as well as a reception installation. We could then look at using candles to decorate the tables instead of flowers.
$1000 – $2,500
- This budget could cover the personal flowers as well as a feature element at the ceremony and the reception. It can also cover off smaller table arrangements or bud vases for the table decoration as well as candles.
- Or, if there is just one of either a ceremony archway and/or reception installation, there will be enough budget to cover off our standard-sized table arrangements.
$3,000 – $4,500
- This price range falls within our typical full service wedding – most often this includes personal flowers, a ceremony floral feature, an installation at the reception, as well as flowers and candles for the tables.
- Having said that though, if we are building a custom ceremony element (i.e. archway or canopy), this budget may only account for personal flowers, the ceremony feature and a few touches at the reception.
$5,000 – $7,500
- With this budget, you are looking at a collection of personal flowers, large statement / impact pieces at the ceremony (for example, urn arrangements or an archway PLUS aisle flowers OR a feature canopy installation). For the reception, the budget could allow for a hanging feature as well as flowers and candles for the tables.
It’s almost impossible to provide all the details on each and every budget because every couple’s wedding is unique. The above looks to provide some guidance on what items can be accounted for within a budget.
You’ll note we haven’t mentioned lots of the smaller pieces so often requested – flower crowns, cake flowers, rose petals, junior bridesmaid posies, gift table arrangements.
Also, prices will vary quite a bit depending on the number of flowers used and how many premium blooms are to be included. Peonies, orchids etc. are more premium flowers and the budget needs to account for this.
It’s also important to be aware labour charges can vary dramatically as well – each venue has it’s own rules on when we can set up and when we need to pack down. All of this has an impact on costs for the day. Labour charges also change depending on the time of day we need to set-up / pack down as well as the day of the week (Saturdays and Sunday incur premium labour charges and early morning set-ups and late night pack-downs also incur premium labour charges).
From our perspective, we would very excited to work with couples regardless of their budget. We have no minimum spend and are always happy to provide suggestions on where the money is best spent, where to get ‘the most bang for your buck’ at your venue and how to make the greatest impact on the day.
Thanks for reading, please feel free to send me a email with any question email@example.com
Blooming Local, creating your dream wedding flowers!!!
|Mixed Posy||$100- $250|
|Cascading Bouquet||$150- $300|
|Mixed Posy||$80 – $190|
|Greenery Posy||$45 – $90|
|Groom||$20 – $35|
|Groomsmen||$18 – $30|
|Buttonhole||$18 – $30|
|Corsages||$25 – $45|
|$15 – $25|
|Individually Wired Blooms||$5-$20|
|Greenery Garland||$30 – $70|
|Floral Garland||$50 – $120|
|Floral Hair Comb||$35 – $60|
|Pew/Chair End||$12 – $80|
|Entrance Arrangement||$50 – $250|
|Alter Flowers||$45 – $150|
|Entrance Arrangement||$200 – $300|
|Head Table||From $50|
Delivery/ Set up:
Price on application.
Kia tau te aroha ki runga i to korua hononga. (May your marriage be filled with love and affection.)